Tunnel & GeoConsult is a norwegian consultant company based on Norway's long experience in hard rock tunneling and underground construction.Site management of railroad- and subsea tunnels, hydropower sites and huge infrastructure projects like the ongoing Swedens «Førbifart Stockholm»; 50 km of underground new highway system under the lake ”Mälaren».
Our company has 35 years on site experience in geological follow up of large scale underground projects including complicated grouting works in heavy water ingress zones and decisions of production methods and support systems (based on advanced mwd systems like www.Rockma.se). Rock excavation is continuously followed up and classified according to the norwegian NGI's Q-system (Rock quality classification system). Accordingly the permanent rock support for each tunnel or cavern sequence is decided and installed imediately after rock excavation.
Our CAD operators are designing base drawings of the tunnel sequences for the on site work (NovaPoint Tunnel software). These are again completed by our engineering geologist on site and form the base for the daily and weekly reports on permanent rock support to be installed by the Contractor.Today the company consists of 6 engineering geologists and 2 Cad operators.
- Hydropower, subsea tunnels, railroad and highway tunnels for norwegian Road- and
- Swedish Road Authorities
- Saudi Arabia, Strategic Storage Project (SSSP, oil storage caverns andTBM pipelines)
- Singapore, Dep.of Defence (Underground storage caverns)
- Scotland, Min.of Transport. Shetland subsea tunnels, preinvestigation and design.
- Vietnam, hydropower construction.
- Russia, the Crimea fixed link, preinvestigations, design and tender.
- Uganda, hydropower construction.
T-forbindelsen Karmøytunnelen: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUvfKv14ZDw
The Crimea Fixed link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umz0OxCvw7k&t=5s
Consultant partner: Sigma Consultants(www.sigma-consultants.co)