Tunnel & GeoConsult is a norwegian consultant company based on Norway's long experience in hard rock tunneling and underground construction.Today the company consists of 7 engineers and 2 Cad Operators.
Our company has 24 years on site experience in geological follow up of large scale underground projects in hard rock. Rock excavation is continuously followed up and classified according to the norwegian NGI's Q-system (Rock classification system). Accordingly the permanent rock support for each tunnel or cavern sequence is decided and installed imediately after rock excavation.
Our CAD operators are designing base drawings of the tunnel sequences for the on site work. These are again completed by our engineering geologist on site and form the base for the daily and weekly reports on permanent rock support to be installed by the Contractor.
Tunnel & GeoConsult is today (2015) involved in projects for both Norwegian Railroad,
«Jernbaneverket» and Norwegian Road Authorities «Statens Vegvesen»
1. Svartisen Hydropower project, northern Norway
2. Large underground storage projects, Saudi Arabia
3. Arlanda international airport. Underground construction of railroad terminals, Sweden
4. The Bømlafjord sub sea tunnel, western Norway
5. Song Hin Hydropower site, Vietnam
6. Underground construction in Singapore
7. Railroad tunnel Sandvika-Asker, Norwegian railroad authorities (JBV), Oslo, Norway.
8. Highway and tunnel project E39 Lyngdal - Flekkefjord, southern Norway
9. Elkem's hydropower project, Sauda western Norway
10. Railroad Tunnel, Sandvika - Lysaker, Norwegian Railroad Authorities, Oslo, Norway
11. New Road tunnel, Rv60 Stranda-Hellesylt, Preinvestigations and geological report, Norwegian Public Road Authorities, Ålesund, Norway
12. New Road tunnel, E18 Sky-Langangen, Geological Follow up, Hæhre as contractor and Norwegian Public Road Authorities, Vestfold, Norway
13. Karmøy Subsea Tunnel, T-forbindelsen, Advisor, Norwegian Public Road Authorities, Haugesund, Norway
14. New Subsea tunnels in Shetland, Consultations, Shetland Ministry of Transport, Lerwick, Shetland
15. Norwegian Railroad Vestfoldbanen, Larvik-Porsgrund, 2012-2014
Consultant partner: Sigma Consultants(www.sigma-consultants.co)